Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My life in America has been undergoing changes.

Not New News.

My trusty, rusty transport, the lusty, busty terror of the desert has broken once again. This time I have no support for a quick fix. So, she languishes at the mechanic's garage. Meanwhile, I have to take the bus.

Yay! That there is even a bus at all. Thank you Universe! Living 60 miles from work in a one horse town, one might be surprised that there is such an option. I was. I had been trying to figure how to use it when the Universe stepped in and took the decision out of my hands. Amazing what 'need' can do.

So now I rise at 4am every morning, attempt to de-zombify myself and ride my other trusty rusty sled, the Honda to the Park N Ride. Granted, I could drive the Honda, but alas, why cripple two old soldiers for convenience. After all, I'm not old "W".

The bus arrives a bit after 6am. I climb aboard. I'm one of two regulars now, who ride this beast. And of course it stops at every town along the way, a total of four equally one horse towns as my own until it hits the citadel where I work. And lucky for me, it lets me off a mere mile from work.

So, I trudge off to work. The first day was hard because I wasn't used to walking. Such a lazy ass bones...But it does get better.

The ride home is equally dramatic. There is only one, count 'em, one bus that goes all the way to and fro my one horse village. So, I don't miss it. So far, so good. We'll see what winter brings.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 p.m. , Blogger PurestGreen said...

It's amazing how life can suddenly seem so different, just by a change in transport. Do you feel a bit like a tourist, being chaufeured around like that? Thanks for visiting me on Scotland for the Senses!

 
At 9:05 p.m. , Blogger Hidlo-Shaman said...

Indeed! Now I can look at things I didn't dare to before, lest I wind up a statistic on the side of the road.

You are entirely welcome! I love your blog! I am of Scots descent myself and I lust for the days I can come visit Caledonia and visit the family digs.....by tour or appointment, of course....hahahah...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home